Viktoria's Old Maetreum Blog

My name is Viktoria Whittaker. I used this blog when I was a priestess of the Maetreum. I am no longer affiliated with that organization. I was unceremoniously abused out of the organization in 2021. These are my stories.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Introduction

Salutations and may Mother’s blessings be upon you! Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Viktoria Whittaker and I am one of the newest priestesses of Cybele. I’ll be your author and hostess on this blog where I will be providing updates on what’s happening at the Maetreum!

Here’s a bit about me. I am a 37 year old bio-woman (For the uninformed: that’s a woman who is not trans.). I live in Albany, New York, less than an hour away from the Maetreum and I visit often. I am the daughter of German immigrants and have blonde hair and blue eyes. For my day job, I work for the State of New York. I am a deeply religious pagan woman and I identify as bisexual and polyamorous. I am married to wonderful bi guy and my four kids have four feet, fur and say, “Meow!” >^..^<

My outside projects include running the Capital District Bisexual Network as well as the Albany Polyamory Meetup. In my religious life, I am the Assistant Pastor of the Schenectady Pagan Cluster and I am studying for the Third Degree of the Correllian Tradition of Wicca through the New Aeon College and Seminary. I also serve on the organizing committee for the Harvest Meadows Women’s Spirituality Festival, a new women’s festival that is inclusive and welcoming of transsexual women. As you can see, I am a Woman Who Volunteers Too Much! ;)

It was through Harvest Meadows that I first got to know Cathy and learned about the Maetreum. I had also known Helen Farrell for many years. I have been taking the instructional classes this year and was elevated at this year’s Season of the Tree. I was also elected Treasurer of the Maetreum this Season.

In this blog, I will be relating my experiences with the Maetreum and my fellow priestesses. But before I do, here is a standard disclaimer: the opinions and views that I will be chronicling here are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cathryn Platine or the Maetreum of Cybele.

No comments: